Friday, April 8, 2011

Who is Spring Break Really For

As a full time mom, I often wonder who this Spring Break is really for, My kids get 5-10 snow days every year. Their school break isn't anywhere near Easter and spring in Michigan is like a lower level of hell. Now imagine if I was working outside the home. Then I would have to consider if I was going to take a week of vacation or pay more than I make to have 3 kids in daycare for a week. My kids are bored ALL THE TIME and the stress involved in entertaining them for nine days straight is reeking havoc on my sanity. My cousin recently said that until someone came up with a spring break for moms then everyone could just shut up about how great these school vacations are. I agree. I know that 50 years ago women complaining about mom duty would've been unthinkable. But lets face it. Times have changed. Parents work to much and are often to stressed out to spend quality time with the children they've brought into this world. And kids have so many ways to entertain themselves that they have gotten to the point where nothing keeps them entertained for long. The United States educational system is falling behind the rest of the world and our kids aren't prepared to face the work force. Can someone please tell me who is benefiting from this spring break thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment